Monday, July 27, 2009

About Melbourne, Part I...

I used to live in Melbourne, in fact, spent most of my formative years there. One can spend much time in a seemingly foreign place, maintain all sorts of notions of nationality, belonging etc. but still be able to call a city one's 'hometown'. I'm not an Australian, but I'm definitely a Melbournian. This winter, I returned 'home' to spend time with friends and colleagues. It was a great opportunity to walk the streets and make a connection with the city in a way I hadn't experienced in a long while. Since the days of film photography in fact. All photos shown here were taken with a Leica M8, bolted to the now infamous 50mm Summilux 1.4.


The Union Club, Fitzroy


Collins Place



View, Melbourne



Marker @ St Kilda Pier




St Kilda Yacht Club

No comments:

Post a Comment